– Added Library.xml back into checklist to see if it fixes no-checklist bug on Xbox.
– Fixed a vector that could cause harrier climb vertically even idle.
– Limited the maximum rotational acceleration caused by rudder deflection on hover to limit the degrees per second caused by it in addition to crosswind
– Changed the physics of movement during hover via equations of angular acceleration on the 3 axes of rotation. That means that both the control surfaces, such as throttle, nozzle rotation and adverse weather effects will apply rotational acceleration. In this way, the Harrier will no longer be a static aircraft during hover, but will need stick and throttle corrections to remain stable as per real life.
This fully native MSFS aircraft features all three modern Harrier variants – AV-8B, AV-8B Plus and GR9.
The Harrier has been coded with Microsoft Flight Simulator native ‘Model Behaviors’ animations and built to MSFS SDK specifications to minimise issues.
The DC Designs Harrier includes a brand-new, custom-coded vertical take-off and landing system built specifically for MSFS without the need for WASM gauges. VTOL in the Harrier respects both realistic aircraft aerodynamics and enviromental factors such as ambient wind, requiring good stick and throttle skills to control.
Other features include authentic night lighting which includes user-operated ‘slime lights’ for combat operations and custom-coded animations, stores selection page and up-to-date special effects. The Harrier is also fully compliant with Virtual Reality headsets.
• Truly 3D virtual cockpit featuring accurately modelled ejection seat, controls and detailed texturing
• Instruments constructed in 3D with smooth animations
• Custom-coded MFD screens and Head-Up Display to match the real Harrier’s displays
• ‘Scratched canopy’ glass effects, reflective glass
• Crew figure in the virtual cockpit is coded to disappear when you occupy their seat
• Full Interactive Checklist to ensure smooth operation of the aircraft