Warning: This airport conflicts with FSimStudios’ CYVR airport, only use one of the two (FSimStudios recommended).
Version Note: Since FSDreamTeam doesn’t think it’s necessary to increment the version number for new builds, we increment it ourselves by v0.0.0.1 each time.
Vancouver International Airport (IATA: YVR, ICAO: CYVR) is an international airport in Richmond, British Columbia. It is located 12 km (7.5 mi) from Downtown Vancouver. It is the second busiest airport in Canada by aircraft movements (306,799) and passengers (25.9 million), behind Toronto Pearson International Airport.
This is the latest version for MSFS 2020 of the popular FSDT CYVR scenery.
This scenery has been converted to MSFS 2020, starting from the FSX version we released in 2013. However, is not a “straight” conversion, and there has been many changes, both due to the changing airport layout, but also to offer specific MSFS features when possible. The scenery now matches the airport as it is in 2020.
• The airport layout has been updated. A whole new section of the main Terminal ( Pier B, Gate 11-28 ) has been modeled, together with the new extension ( Pier A, gate 1-12 ).
• Main Terminal Pier D extension added, complete with interiors.
• All parking spots positions and numbers updated, to match current 2020 charts.
• All textures and materials has been improved and converted to PBR, with added normal map details and proper metallic/roughness maps.
• Dynamic Lighting has been remade entirely from scratch, using the native MSFS 2020 lighting system, with hundreds of individual light sources.
• The background photoreal image has been updated to reflect changes at Piers A and B of the Main Terminal.
• All Aprons materials has been remade using the native MSFS system.
• All 3d taxi-light fixtures have been remade using the native MSFS system.
• Runways have now their correct Slope profile.
• Jetways has been all remade according to the latest MSFS 2020 SDK.