– All static people have been updated with higher quality animated versions.
– Reduced texture size for numerous objects.
– Removed option for Xbox and PC versions. The Xbox version is now the only option as it is considered more suitable for flying due to superior performance at the cost of slightly smaller texture sizes, and the removal of the skidpan car and 2 of the 3 racing cars. This feels like an appropriate trade off for the additional FPS.
Sitting at the foot of the rolling South Downs, in Southern England, Goodwood Aerodrome is an intoxicating mixture of new and old.
Originally known as RAF Westhampnet, the aerodrome was built in World War Two as an emergency landing airfield and satellite station for nearby RAF Tangmere. Throughout its lifetime, RAF Westhampnet was host to over 30 squadrons from The Royal Airforce, The Royal Canadian Airforce, The United States Army Air Force, The Royal New Zealand Airforce and The Naval Air Squadron. After the war the aerodrome was passed into private hands and its name changed to Goodwood, as the land it sits on was originally leased from Goodwood Estate, which was owned by the then Duke of Richmond, Frederick Gordon-Lennox.
Today Goodwood is still alive with activity, there is a popular flying school operating a fleet of Cessna 172s, Spitfire and Harvard passenger flights and a lively general aviation scene. Of course the aviation side of Goodwood is only half the story, the famed Goodwood Motor racing circuit encircles the airfield and is the only classic circuit left in the world today dating from 1948. Event weekends such as The Goodwood Festival of Speed and The Goodwood Revival see hundreds of thousands of visitors descending on the circuit on event weekends and throughout the year.
• Over 200 custom 3D objects have been created exclusively for Goodwood Aerodrome, each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR), allowing for far more realistic textures
• There are tens of thousands of carefully placed stock assets, every sign, speaker, bench and tree, along with an assortment of ground workers and visitors, has been placed in the correct location ensuring an atmosphere of a working airfield
• High resolution colour corrected ground textures taken from Bing maps and manipulated for consistency and realism which far surpasses the quality of the stock Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 ground texture
• Based on 2022 layout with accurate runway markings, taxiways and custom taxi signs and a working custom Windsock
• Highly detailed control tower and hangar interiors and animated hangar doors which close and open between dawn and dusk
• Actual aircraft from the aerodrome the have been included and placed in accurate locations:
• Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX G-IRTY ‘The Silver Spitfire’
• Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX RR232 ‘City of Exeter’
• T6 Harvard IIB/T6 Texan G-AZSC
• Goodwood Flying School Cessna 172’s: G-HLOB, G-LOOC, G-DBOD, G-NXOE & G-SOOA
• Goodwood Flying School Piper L21B Super Cub G-DRGL
• Full night lighting has been placed across the airfield and within and around the hangars and buildings
• Correct AI pattern procedures and accurate taxiway and runway placement have been incorporated into the release
• Goodwood House and Chicester Cathedral have been modelled and included
• Goodwood Motor Circuit has been enhanced along with the aerodrome, this includes
• The Full motor circuit track layout has been faithfully recreated with marshall posts, track markings, track signs, crash barriers and rumble strips. It’s so true to life you can actually race on it
• The pit lane and spectator stands have been added along with a fully numbered paddock area and additional shops, stands and amenities
• The Jackie Stewart Pavillion, Race Control Building, Motor Circuit Cafe, Goodwood skidpan and Supershell Building have all been added and placed in their correct locations