How to install add-ons
- Download the add-on archive file from one of the links we provide on each post. For a few add-ons, there are multiple archive files due to filehoster size limitations. In that case, you need to download all archive parts (XYZ.part1.rar, XYZ.part2.rar, …)
- Find your Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Community folder. This guide will help you find it.
- Extract the archive contents to your Community folder, preferably with the latest WinRAR version (you can get it here). If you’re using any anti-virus software, we recommend temporarily disabling it while doing so, it could block add-on files from getting extracted.
- Most add-ons can be directly extracted to the Community folder, with a few exceptions. Always check for Readme/Info text files within the files. After extracting, the path to the crucial add-on manifest.json file must look like this: Community\<addon_folder_name>\manifest.json
Current add-on warnings
There are some caveats about certain add-ons, we will keep this list updated. See the warnings in bold on each post:
- Azurpoly – LFTH Toulon – Hyeres Airport: Not compatible with Sim Update 5
- Drzewiecki Design – Chicago Landmarks: Heavy performance drop & broken LODs
- FlyDesign – EPSY Olsztyn-Mazury Airport: Trees all over the airport
- France VFR – Obstacles & VFR Landmarks France: Old version not compatible with MSFS World Update 4
- Simulacion Extrema – RJFC Yakushima Airport: Not compatible with Sim Update 5
Current add-on conflicts
The following add-ons are conflicting with each other, only one should be used. See the warnings in bold on each post:
- Asobo Studio EDDS & JustSim EDDS airport
- Asobo Studio EGGP & Digital Design EGGP airport
- Asobo Studio FACT & FSDG FACT airport
- Asobo Studio KATL & Imagine Simulation KATL airport
- Asobo Studio KDEN & Flightbeam Studios KDEN airport
- Asobo Studio KORD & FSDreamTeam KORD airport
- Asobo Studio LEMD & LatinVFR LEMD airport
- Asobo Studio LFMN & DeimoS Inc. LFMN & JustSim LFMN airport
- Asobo Studio LOWI & Orbx LOWI airport
- Asobo Studio LOWK & JustSim LOWK airport
- Asobo Studio LSZR & M’M SIMULATIONS LSZR airport
- Asobo Studio NZQN & iniBuilds NZQN airport
- Asobo Studio YSSY & FlyTampa YSSY airport
- BEAUTIFUL MODEL of the WORLD LEBB & Double T LEBB airport
- BEAUTIFUL MODEL of the WORLD LFBZ & Pilot Experience Sim LFBZ airport
- BEAUTIFUL MODEL of the WORLD LIDT & RCStudio LIDT airport
- Black Square – Real Taxiways USA Class B, C, D & Non-towered Airports & Military Airfields (Optional Textures) & REX Simulations Real Global Airport Textures & Zinertek Enhanced Airport Graphics
- Davor Puljevic LDSP & Orbx LDSP airport
- Drzewiecki Design EPKK & FlyDesign EPKK airport
- Drzewiecki Design EPSY & FlyDesign EPSY airport
- Drzewiecki Design Moscow Landmarks UUWW & JustSim UUWW airport
- DSky Grenadines Islands Vol. 1 TVSU & Taburet TVSU airport
- France VFR Airport France Pack 1 LFMT & Pilot Experience Sim LFMT airport
- FSDG Rhodes LGRP & JustSim LGRP airport
- FSDreamTeam CYVR & FSimStudios CYVR airport
- FSDreamTeam LFSB & JustSim LFSB airport
- FSXcenery LEST & TDM Scenery Design LEST airport
- iniBuilds EGKA & Orbx EGKA airport
- JustSim EDDH & Sim Wings EDDH airport
- JustSim LEPA & Just Flight LEPA airport
- Northern Sky Studio PAKT & Orbx PAKT airport
- Northern Sky Studio PHMK & Terrapeal Studios PHMK airport
- Pilot Plus – EGGD Bristol Airport & UK2000 Scenery – EGGD Bristol Airport
- REX Simulations Real Global Airport Textures & Zinertek Enhanced Airport Graphics
- SamScene – Hong Kong City Times VHHH & WF Scenery Studio VHHH airport
- Simbreeze GCTS & Sim Wings GCTS airport
Fixing MSFS crashes caused by add-ons
At one point, after installing lots of add-ons you might find the game to sporadically crash to desktop (CTD). This is most likely caused by several add-ons using the same name for ModelLib files and MaterialLibs folders.
To fix it, use MSFS Addons Linker by following our step-by-step guide.
If this didn’t help and CTDs are still occurring, try clearing your MSFS Rolling Cache as described here.
As a last resort if CTDs are still occurring, try deleting the Content.xml file which can be found here:
- Steam version: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content.xml
- Microsoft Store version: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml
Fixing MSFS aircraft bugs & crashes
In case you are experiencing bugs, weird behaviour or even crashes when using a certain aircraft, try deleting all folders within the MSFS packages directory (used by aircraft for cache files). It can be found here:
- Steam version: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages
- Microsoft Store version: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Packages
Note: Afterwards, in case you are using aircraft from SimPlaza that required running ACTIVATE.bat scripts, you need to run each script again.
Fixing ModsFire.com problems
If you are experiencing slow downloads from ModsFire.com, we cannot do anything against it other than recommending to wait a few hours and trying again.
If you are unable to access ModsFire.com links, try the following:
- Use a different browser
- Change your DNS settings (your provider might have blocked it)
- Temporarily disable your Anti-virus software (it might block access to the site)
- Use a VPN
If Cloudflare is blocking you temporarily from accessing ModsFire.com, this will most likely pass after a couple hours. These are just temporary bans.
Fixing AnonFiles.com problems
Some mirrored files of SimPlaza are hosted on AnonFiles. If you are experiencing slow downloads, try the following:
- Use a VPN (try different countries)
- Use a download manager like JDownloader (Adware-free setup link)
If you own a MSFS add-on that is not yet listed on SimPlaza, we would love to post it. All contributions are very welcome!
We recommend zipping the add-on folder and uploading the archive to DropMeFiles, MEGA, MediaFire or any other filehoster of choice. You can then send us the download link by E-mail or on our Discord Server.
Please note that we can only post add-ons that were purchased from third party stores like simMarket. Add-ons purchased from the MSFS in-game marketplace are most likely DRM protected and thus useless. To check if an add-on is protected, search for files with suffix .fsarchive inside the add-on folder.