– Cleaned up some apron textures that were misaligned.
– Some adjustments to aprons, texture fixes of some objects and personnel
– Replaced 2nd AN-70 with a camouflaged AN-74 (as was once based at Hostomel)
– Readied airport for Deployment to Microsoft Store
– Converted old Tank scenery objects to Mobile Radar Stations
From the 24th February 2022, the airport was heavily damaged as part of the invasion of Ukraine. The Battle of Hostomel saw the devastation of the hangars and the mighty AN-225, amongst many other historic and current Antonov aircraft parked on the main taxiways. Not to mention nearby areas of Hostomel.
This recreation of UKKM is designed to honour the lives lost at Hostomel Airport and indeed the legacy of the AN-225 and it’s sister craft.
I have painstakingly re-created all of the Antonov Aircraft based at Hostomel Airport (and some that weren’t!). From the high engine mounted AN-74, to the little AN-2 historical workhorse; from the mighty breadth of the AN22 and it’s enchanting navigation windows, to the marvel of engineering that is the AN-225 – all of these craft are a piece of Ukrainian and Antonov history, and you can experience them all now, in Microsoft Flight Simulator!
The Antonov designs hold a magic curiosity – a unique aesthetic – very much different to the western designs of the era. For me these represent the spirit of Antonov design and the greater Hostomel. And I hope you enjoy experiencing the Airport as it always should be.
10% of the net proceeds of sales will go toward the rebuilding effort for this aircraft.
• Over 50 Custom static and animated buildings and aircraft
• 2K and 4K PBR Materials
• The famous AN-225 Hangar with Static AN-225 Aircraft. The Aircraft also de-spawns when you choose to fly your own AN-225 or an Aircraft of choice!
• 2 Animated Hangars. Based on the real-world counterparts, the Hangars’ doors automatically open from 8am-8pm and can also be manually opened by the player after hours
• TimeShift Visual Feature on the AN-225 Hangar – a memorial allowing you to view the tragic aftermath of the Antonov AN-225’s demise when you set the date to: 24th February 2022
• Animated Antonov AN124 – Animated Cargo Doors with a special surprise!
• Over 10 Antonov Static and Animated aircraft, featuring: Antonov AN2, AN22, AN30, AN70, AN74, AN148, AN124, AN225, Bayraktar Drones, various spare supply craft, Ukrainian Buses and even some special guest tractors?
• Fully re-created taxiways, with added ILS, upgraded to international standards
• Animated Airport Staff Entrance Gate, animated shuttle bus route and staff recreational area
• History Museum. The main taxiway corridor has been flanked with a variety of Antonov Aircraft, as they reside in real life. Each aircraft also has a small display with history about the aircraft and it’s origins
Originally meant to be a free product, but the Author decided to charge for it instead. Only 10% of every sale on Orbx is donated to Antonov, so you can get it here and donate to any other Ukrainian fund instead if you want, like this one.