We created a very detailed representation of USS George H.W. Bush functional with any aircraft on MSFS.
• Incredible level of detail on the modeling of the CVN-77 USS George H.W. Bush Carrier, with full PBR texturing.
• Functional catapult and arrestor cables, with selectable launch speed and stop time according to the aircraft. This feature works with any payware or freeware aircraft, from a fighter jet to a B747.
• 7 spawnable static locations around the Earth
• Additional landable ships, such as Frigates, are placed around the carrier.
• Static aircraft, including the F-35 and the F/A-18
Out of the box, the product includes 7 static, spawnable locations. This means that the carriers do not move (MSFS limitation), and flights can be started from the carrier. The carrier will be visible as a starred scenery on your MSFS map. We have created custom ICAOs for the different locations:
• UGB1: Port of Origin (Norfolk)
• UGB2: South of Key West
• UGB3: Sea of Japan
• UGB4: Persian Gulf
• UGB5: South Mediterranean Sea
• UGB6: Gulf of Aden
• UGB7: South China Sea
See the exact locations here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/6/edit?mid=1qL95dTj0eBUiAfBO1giLQkeR27z5t7DE&usp=sharing
Carrier Launcher Software (Catapult and Arrestor)
We include with the product a fully functional SimConnect kinematics software to simulate the catapult and arrestor dynamics on an aircraft carrier.
• Run the Carrier Launcher software (shortcut on your desktop)
• Launch MSFS and place any aircraft on the aircraft carrier. Taxi to any of the catapult locations.
• Connect the Carrier Launcher software to your sim by clicking “Connect”
• Select your takeoff speed, or type your own.
• Set parking brakes and maximum thrust. Click on “Ready to Launch”
• Release parking brakes and see your aircraft quickly accelerate to the selected speed.
• Make sure your Carrier Launcher is connected to the sim (if not, click “Connect”)
• Select the full stop time, or type your own. The faster the aircraft, the shorter the full stop time it is. For example, for a fighter jet, a 1s full stop time is ideal.
• Click on “Extend Tailhook” and land normally. The aircraft will decelerate quickly. Assist with braking as required.
Our Carrier Launcher is a custom derivative of Kinetic Assistant by Touching Cloud, licensed under an MIT license.
Our product currently has a few limitations to take into consideration due to the current state of MSFS’s SDK:
• Carriers are all static objects. We have no plans to make them move since this is not possible with MSFS’s SDK. Airports have fixed coordinates.
• The product does not have animations. This means that the aircraft elevators and jet blast doors do not move. Currently, animations cannot be triggered by the user.
• The carriers have uncontrolled ATC. There is an ATC frequency for each, but these work as an uncontrolled airport (UNICOM). AI traffic does not visit this airport anyways.
• Carrier operations are basic. Do not expect carrier personnel to interact with the aircraft – user-triggered interactions are still not possible.
• PAPI/VASI/OLS are not functional.
• Crash Detection must be off at all times, otherwise, you might have issues using the product.