Announcing Norfolk for Microsoft Flight Simulator!
This is a non-direct port from the X-Plane version and most of the objects, materials, and lighting had to be completely rebuilt from scratch to take advantage of the sims fascinating new features!
As of 2017, Norfolk International was ranked as the 70th-busiest airport in the United States and the fourth-busiest in Virginia in terms of passengers served annually. Norfolk features gorgeous approaches from all angles, 3 being over-the-water approaches that bring a challenge. Located 3 miles away from downtown Norfolk, Virginia. Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest and United offer convenient access to hundreds of cities worldwide.
• HDR lighting matching real world photographs (generators running on the cargo pad for example)
• 2020 airport layout
• Many different hand-crafted objects and details specifically made via visual research
• Cleanup of the Norfolk airport grounds (removed trees, fixed water on the end of RWY23, etc.)
• Ground clutter with proper decaling
• Proper airport data (PAPI light positioning, taxi-pathing, etc.)
• HD buildings and objects with PBR
• Free support and upgrades for updates (especially when new jetways are able to be brought over)
• LCACs base full of LCACs
• Rebuild of ground material framework taking advantage of PBR